Real ID Documents
Only original valid documents will be accepted.
If you do not have original copies of some of these documents, you may need to allow extra time and cost to obtain them from the issuing authority. For example, a new social security card can be obtained for free and will be mailed to you once the Social Security Administration "has verified your documents". A copy of a Florida birth certificate costs $12 and can take 10 business days. Other states and countries have other fees and processes.
Proof of Identity (BRING ONE)
You need only one of the following documents to establish proof of identity. These have to be the original documents.
- Certified birth certificate (not hospital)
- Valid US passport
- Certificate of naturalization
- Consular report of birth abroad.
People who have had a legal name change are required to present original or certified copies of all marriage certificates or court orders that show name changes.
Proof of Social Security Number (BRING ONE)
You need only one of the following documents to establish proof of Social Security Number. These have to be the original documents.
Must show the COMPLETE Social Security Number
- Social Security card
- W-2 form
- Pay check stub showing applicant's name and number
- SSA-1099, or non-SSA-1099
No Social Security Number?
U.S. Citizens or Immigrants must bring SSA form L-676. Non-Immigrants or Canadian Citizens may call (386) 758-1077 to obtain the required documents.
Proof of Residential Address (BRING TWO)
You need two of the following documents to establish proof of residential address. These have to be the original documents.
- Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement or payment booklet or rental agreement
- Florida voter registration card
- Florida vehicle registration or title
- W-2 form or 1099
- Utility bill, hookup or work order not more than two months old
- Current automobile or homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
- Mail from financial institution not more than two months old
- Medical or health card with address
- Letter from shelter or half-way house verifying applicant lives at this address
- Current educational transcripts
No proof of residential address?
If you have no proof of residential address in your own name, you will need two proofs of address – along with a statement – from a parent, stepparent, guardian, or other person residing at the same address. If you only have one proof of residential address in your own name, you need one additional proof of address – along with a statement – from a parent, stepparent, guardian, or other person residing at the same address.